Monday, February 23, 2009

The Beautiful Bride

I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to shoot my first wedding this weekend. I can't tell you how nervous I was! I think I was pacing back and forth all day. My husband said he's never seen me like that before.

Still, I was excited to get my feet wet with Veronica and Anthony. They were married a few weeks ago so I was on board to photograph their wedding reception. Veronica is as sweet as can be and she looked amazing. The party was in Manhattan on a Saturday evening and when I arrived at V's hotel, the sun was just starting to set on the city. Their was this awesome golden glow coming in through the hotel window and I knew I had to get a shot of the bride on her big day.



I am so pleased with the way that shot turned out. She looks like an angel. Here's another one.



V's hubby is a great guy too. He was so nice the whole time I was tearing up their hotel room looking for a good spot to shoot some pictures. You know what really impressed me? He remembered my name. I know that's a little thing, but it makes a difference when you're meeting people for the first time and they care enough to learn your name and use it. At the end of the reception he gave me a hug too!

Here's the happy couple.



This last image is one of my favorites so far. It was actually an accident, but I love it. I was getting ready to put my camera away and snapped a picture without really paying attention to what was in my viewfinder. I love that you can see the skyscrapers through the window in the background.



Veronica, I had such a wonderful time meeting you, your husband, and your family. Everyone was so nice to me and it's obvious that you all love each other deeply. You and Anthony are lucky to have found each other and I wish you all the best in your future together. I can't wait to go through the rest of the pictures. I'll be posting more soon. Have fun in Paris!!!

No comments: